Tuesday, June 15, 2010

30th Birthday Surprise Party

In the midst of finishing our dining room, preparing Sunday School lessons, and preparing for and then having a lot of family in town, he still had time to coordinate a surprise party with Hollie! It was such a sweet surprise and it was fun to introduce my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to such wonderful girlfriends!


Each person was instructed to bring something having to do with turning 30...


I received:
  • "Thir-Tea" tea bags
  • 30 bobbins (well, 28, actually, since I have joked that I'm going to start going backwards this year!) for thirty years of sewing
  • 28 butterflies (since Stephen knows I have a mild fear of them)
  • 30 calcium pills for those now weakening bones
  • a bag of rubberbands since my memory will fail and I will need to start wearing them on my wrist to remind me of things
  • 30 Hershey kisses, since turning 30 is "sweet"
  • Eye cream, to avoid those dreaded crows feet
  • A candle for relaxing and anti-aging cream, again for those nasty wrinkles! (I'm getting the hint, ladies!)
  • Red Bull for energy and Crave-ex spray to avoid those terrible cravings and keep my on my diet!
  • Laxatives... but I still haven't figured out why.... Does 30 lead to constipation?? :-\
  • 30 encouraging Bible verses :)
  • 60 cents for 30 years of getting my 2 cents worth :-P
  • And, not pictured because I had already told the kids to take them outside and I forgot to bring them back in, 30 rocks since, I've been told by many trustworthy sources that...
"30 ROCKS!!!"



Thanks to all for the sweet memories!

1 comment:

Lucas and Naomi said...

These pictures are great...look at that smile on your face! I'm so happy you had such a rockin' party. :-)